Welcome to the ASSC Student Blog!

Hello all,

Welcome to the ASSC student blog!

About Me

Firstly, a bit about me. My name is Sam, and I’m the resident ASSC student blogger. I’m a La Trobe student currently in the third year of a Bachelor of Journalism (Sport). As you can probably tell from my course, I’m a huge sports fan. Whether it’s AFL, NBA, EPL, A-League or tennis, I’m pretty much across all of it. My taste in pop culture is also quite expansive. I’m a fan of anything Quentin Tarantino and I think Seinfeld is objectively the greatest TV show ever. It’s just a fact.

The College of ASSC

Before I go too far, let’s talk about what the College of ASSC is. The acronym ASSC is short for Arts, Social Sciences and Commerce and it is one of the two Colleges at La Trobe, alongside SHE (Science, Health and Engineering). The College of ASSC is comprised of four schools:

• the School of Humanities & Social Sciences
  • the School of Education
  • La Trobe Business School
  • La Trobe Law School.

Blog Content

Now onto the blog. The main goal of the blog is to help ASSC students just like you to have the best university experience they can. Over the coming weeks and months, I will be bringing you some great study and productivity tips for the upcoming exam period, introducing you to some members of the administrative team of the college of ASSC, as well as generally looking at all things student life around La Trobe University and beyond.

I won’t keep you too long as I’m aware that it’s currently week 11 and we’re all battening down the hatches in preparation for end of semester assessments and exams.

giphy-4

Blog Naming Competition

You also may have noticed that the blog is currently without a name. That’s because we want you to come up with one. Follow this link to give your suggestion for the name of the ASSC student blog. The best entry will win a prize pack including:

• 2 x $20 Co-Op vouchers
  • a 1 hour tutor session
  • a La Trobe stationery pack

Entries will be judged on creativity, originality and relevance to the college of ASSC. We will stay as ‘the Blog With No Name’ if nobody comes up with anything, so get thinking!

cc5ae984e8b7e1b0bc2f90cb6656c2a4968c1ae62ac05d640273e9c13f2abdd7

If you have any feedback for the blog, we’d love for you to get in touch with us. Whether it’s ideas for blog posts, or even guest blogs, you can either fill out the form on the right hand side of the page, or leave a comment below. 

Check out the blog over the next few weeks for some great study tips and exam preparation help.