Are you applying for graduate jobs or internships?
Come along to this half-day careers event to gain a deeper understanding about creating competitive job applications. Careers and Employability Advisers will cover all aspects of the application process from sourcing opportunities through to interviews.
Select from one of four graduate employer panels. Find out what employers look for when selecting candidates and gain an understanding of the recruitment process from an employer’s perspective. Ask a question in the Q & A session and stay to network with the employers.
When: Tuesday 14 February 2017
Time: 10am – 2.30pm
Location: To be advised (morning session) and TLC (Afternoon session with employers). Check CareerHub for further details closer to the event.
10am-12 midday (Location to be advised)
This session will provide you with information and tips on the following topics:
- Introduction to graduate employment and internships
- Researching opportunities
- Attending employer events
- Online applications
- Responding to behavioural questions
12.00-12.45 – Break and room change (TLC)
12.45 – 2.30pm
- A panel of graduate employers will provide helpful insights into the recruitment process from an employer’s perspective. Find out about opportunities in their organisation and industry, hear tips on what they look for in job applications and interviews as well as information about each organisation.
- Q & A session with the employer panel.
- The opportunity to network with employers (last 45 minutes)
Employer Panels will cover the following disciplines:
Panel 1- Human Resources, Marketing and Event Management.
Employers include Deloitte, Accor, L’Oreal
Panel 2 – Social Science, Arts and Media.
Employers include: Victorian Public Sector Commission, Communications Council, Brotherhood of St Lawrence, Kearney Group, Victorian Auditor General’s Office.
Panel 3 – Business and Commerce. Employers
Employers include: KPMG, Pitcher Partners, Kearney Group, Coles
Panel 4 – Accounting, Finance and Consulting
Employers include: Dixon Advisory, EY (Ernst & Young), Commonwealth Bank, Australian Super
Who should attend?
- Students in their final year including students applying for graduate programs commencing in 2018
- Students looking to apply for vacation programs/ internships/ cadetships/ work experience
- Savvy students who want to gain an edge in the graduate employment market
- Students who have just completed their degree
Don’t miss out, come along to Career and Employability’s ASSC’s MasterClass: Applying for Graduate Employment and Internships (Melbourne)
Book your place now through CareerHub (link below).
For further details email: firstname.lastname@example.org