Study Success

The transition from high school to university can be difficult. So many things are different, and I know that I had certainly developed some bad study habits that didn’t work when I first got to university. If I had attended the student success workshops earlier in my studies, I would have saved myself a lot of stress and had more time to be with friends.   

With the upcoming #How2uni student workshops you will learn the valuable skills that you need to get those assignments done in plenty of time for your weekend plans. 

Time seems to fly by with work, uni and family commitments, which is why it’s great that most of these sessions come equipped with the option to attend the workshop via a zoom link, from wherever you are at the time.  

Throughout April and May, a series of different workshops will be run, each looking to assist with the different aspects of studying at university.

Tuesday 2nd April How to study (mind mapping & other tips) 12-1pm Library 1.34 & Zoom

Wednesday 10th April Procrastination & Perfectionism 10am-12pm Library 1.34 & Zoom 

Tuesday 16th April How are you managing? 12-1pm Library 1.34 (Drop-In) 

Monday 6th May Preparing for final assessments 12-1pm Library 1.34 & Zoom 

Monday 27th May Exam strategies 12-1pm Library 1.34 & Zoom 

With topics ranging from time management skills, note taking, studying tips and tools, how to network and engage with your fellow students, along with health and well being advice. These sessions will also highlight the range of services and resources available here at La Trobe.  

In my first year, I thought that I didn’t need to change my study habits. 

However, I attended the note taking seminar one year, and they showed me different strategies I could use to make my note taking more effective (and readable). It was like a follow-on effect. My grades improved because I was smarter about my studying and writing. I had more time to research and write my assignments, then relax.  

Once you know where to go for help and figure out what works best for you, everything else seems to flow on from there. 

Remember that it’s okay to ask for help, and the sooner you ask, the better chance you will have to improve your work.   

Register here to save your place in one of the workshops.